Friday, July 20, 2007

Circle Magic Template

I bought the circle Magic Template through Connecting Threads with the idea of making a quilt from this pattern and template tool. After looking over the booklet and instructions I decided to make a little sample first and opted for these coasters using some batik fat quarters I had laying around

I probably rushed through this a bit but had a hard time lining up all the folded over circles, as you can see. I tried refolding several times and they just did not line up. I was a little disappointed with this pattern since it is not very forgiving and seems to use alot of fabric. I really do like the fluorescent template though. I am sure it will come in handy for some other projects. Needless to say I am opting not to make a quilt with this method. Maybe that is the reason there were no real live finished pictures in the instruction booklet. It might be that I am a little inexperienced, but overall I was not impressed.



No comments: